In honor of my alma mater’s upcoming appearance at the BCS National Championship, I whipped up this special stadium cake that’s deceptively simple to make.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine butter (at room temperature – not completely melted) with sugars.
- Add eggs, one at a time, to sugar/butter mixture.
- Add vanilla and almond extracts to sugar/butter/egg mixture.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Pour butter mixture into center of well and whisk together.
- Add Greek yogurt to batter.
- Pour batter into pan. Bake for approximately 1 hour (should be golden brown – toothpick inserted into center should come out clean).
xx Cocoa & Lace