Can you believe it’s Wednesday already?? As a midweek treat, set aside a half hour to make these delicious chocolate chip cookies with a twist: orange extract. The zesty addition pairs perfectly with dark chocolate chips and complements the rich oat texture. This recipe is also extremely versatile, as you can easily interchange orange extract for any of your favorite flavors.
xx Cocoa & Lace
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large microwave safe mixing bowl, melt butter. Add sugars until thoroughly combined. Whisk in egg. Add extracts.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix flour with baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Gradually sprinkle flour mixture over the liquid ingredients, mixing gently until combined.
- Fold in oats, then chocolate chips.
- Use teaspoon cookie dough dropper to drop batter onto two cookie sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until cookies are light golden brown.
- Yield: 24 cookies.