Well guys, what can I say. I’ve been hibernating. And then I looked at my calendar this weekend and realized that Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. Love it or hate it, Cupid’s very own holiday is a good excuse to bake. 🙂
Enjoy this ode to all things sweet, pink, and made with love.
xx Cocoa & Lace
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Buttercream frosting (see recipe here)
- 1 package of M&Ms
- Melt butter in microwave safe bowl; Whisk in granulated sugar. Add vanilla extract.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Make a well in the center and pour in liquid ingredients.
- Add eggs, one at a time, to center of bowl, gradually whisking into liquid ingredients.
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly, but do not over-mix.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once cooled, spread vanilla buttercream frosting onto each cupcake. Layer with M&Ms (design as you wish!). Add another dollop of frosting to create multiple layers, as pictured.